Are you starting to feel sapped of your energy and maybe a little bit moody? Do you often feel anxious at this time of year?
Autumn, a time of year with many new beginnings, often brings about feelings of anxiety and nervousness.
If you find yourself struggling with anxiety during this season, here are a few things you may want to keep in mind.
- Eliminate any extra pressure or responsibility from your life. Prioritize what is really important, and focus on that.
- Start challenging yourself in a way that decreases stress instead of increases it. For example, you might want to learn a new craft or start a new exercise class.
- Recognize that at this time of year, the allergies that are present may be contributing to your anxiety or depression.
- Practice yoga or breathing techniques. You will be surprised how much calmer you may feel after 5 long, deep breaths.
- Now that your exposure to sunlight is more limited, try including more Vitamin D or Magnesium into your diet
Click here to read the full article.
Help is available
You can take steps to keep your mood and motivation steady throughout the year.
Irene Corzo at Lake Geneva Therapy is here to help. Call today, or fill in the contact form and click Send.