Lora DeFranco is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over twenty years experience providing counseling and therapy to children, adolescents, adults, and families.
She believes getting help is always a sign of strength. She helps individuals transform energy into being well, versus wasting that energy staying stuck with challenges.
Education and Experience
Lora received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology/Sociology from the University of WI-Whitewater, and received her Master of Science Degree from the University of WI-Milwaukee in Educational/Counseling Psychology. Lora is also trained in life coaching, family mediation, and trauma response counseling.
Lora has an extensive variety of culturally diverse experience, in both clinical and school settings. She has eight years experience as a high school counselor in Milwaukee. She also has been teaching psychology as an Adjunct Instructor at the College of Lake County in Grayslake, IL since 1997.
Lora enjoys working with adolescents and adults, in providing support and resources. Lora is committed to help her clients develop self-awareness, self-growth, and begin to identify and utilize their strengths. Lora strives to lead her clients toward a healthy and successful life journey.
Areas of specialty
- Mood/depression/OCD/anxiety challenges
- ADHD Management-Adolescent and adult
- Career/college planning for success
- Significant Life Adjustments
- Divorce/separation, blended family transitioning, healthy team parenting.
- Parental Counseling-education and support of behavioral modification strategies for ADHD management, Autism Spectrum Disorders, educational, cognitive, developmental, learning,
- Behavioral challenges, childhood/adolescent anxiety and depression.
- Support of self-awareness, maintaining positive self-esteem and wellness, and use of healthy coping skills
- Family Counseling
- Child/Adolescent Counseling (age six and up).
- LGBTQA challenges
The following services are not covered by health insurance.
Life Coaching-Life coaching is the process of helping people utilize their strengths in identifying and achieving personal/social, professional, career and/or educational goals.
Mediation-Mediation is a dispute resolution process in which an impartial third person helps the disputing parties to discuss a dispute using effective communication, and if successful, reach a mutually acceptable resolution of some, or all of the issues. The Mediator has no power to impose a decision, nor in any way a legal representative.
Mediation is offered for the following; family court ordered mediation, parenting plans, custody and physical placement issues, division of property, financial responsibility and other legal preparation, healthy team-parenting, conflicts that may be involved with estate planning/establishing wills/trusts, and any other personal/professional/corporate dispute issues between two parties needing resolution.
Reach out now