Is your partner suffering from a mental illness? Are you struggling to deepen and develop your relationship because of your partner’s limitation?
It helps to remember that even someone with a mental illness can still build healthy, happy relationships.
Here are a few things to keep in mind to help you understand your partner better, enabling you to strengthen your bond for a happier relationship.
1. Mental illness is not something they can just “get over.”
2. It also doesn’t make them “crazy.”
3. Some days are better than others.
4. Their mood isn’t because of you.
5. It’s manageable…
6. …But some days they don’t feel like fighting it.
7. There’s a negative stereotype associated with their conditions.
8. Hugs help.
9. It’s OK to ask them questions.
10. It’s physically debilitating.
11. They appreciate you.
—Lindsay Holmes; www.huffingtonpost.com
Read the full article here.
If you are suffering or know someone who is, Lake Geneva Therapy can help you. Call now or just fill out the contact form and press Send.